The typical agenda for a classic tandem flight (Planpraz and Plan de l’aiguille)
- Meet your Pilot at the bottom of the appropriate lift.
- 15 Minutes later you're at the take-off.
- The instructor will prepare the wing on the take-off (a gentle grassy slope), you will be equipped with your helmet and harness. After a short briefing you're ready to go! This takes around 10 minutes
- Along with your pilot you will start at a brisk walk for around ten meters, the wing will rise above your head, and you will feel progressively lighter and lighter until you are flying!
- Once you are in the air you will sit comfortably in your harness. For 20 the next minutes time stands still, you will fly like bird in the capable hands of your "Wing Over" pilot
- For landing, the pilot will ask you to stand up and take a few steps. You will be surprised how gently you land!
The total time between meeting and landing is typically around one hour.
We fly from 9am (8:15 in the summer season) up to 4pm
It is important to understand that we are flying without an engine and the flight time is determined by the aerology.
The first morning flights are usually in very calm air, suitable for children, but also for anyone looking for a calm relaxing flight. The light is beautiful and we can often see the local Chamois. The duration of this flight is around 15 minutes
From 10am or 11am, the sun heats up and we meet the first thermals of the day, we can make our flights last longer and we can, with the help of the thermals, gain altitude above the take-off. Flights last between 20 and 30 minutes
We advise people who suffer with travel sickness (cars, boats) to fly earlier in the morning to make the most of their flights in the calmest conditions.
Equipment: In winter, you should dress as you would for skiing, with warm and waterproof shoes for walking in the snow.
In summer, a sweater, windbreaker jacket, sunglasses and sports shoes or hiking boots are advised. Even if it's hot, it will feel much cooler at altitude, and when flying, you feel 40 km of wind (the speed of our aircraft).
- The lift ticket is not included in the fare, here is an indication of the lift prices (visit www.compagniedumontblanc.fr for the latest prices)
- Plan Praz 13,50 €
-Plan de l'Aiguille 14,50 €
-Grand Montets 28,00 €
-Aiguille du Midi 47,00 €